Champlain Medical is a licensed US Civil Surgeon who has been authorized by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to conduct Immigration Physicals and Immigration Exams for the Department of Homeland Security.
The cost of the Immigration Physical Examination is $220.00 and includes the following:
- Basic Physical Examination
- Vaccination status verification
- Copies of your laboratory results
- Certified and Sealed I-693 Form
- USPS tracked mailing to an address of your choice or you may pick up the paperwork.
When making an appointment with us, we will take a credit card to be put on file. We charge $100 no show fee.
What to bring with you to the immigration exam or immigration physical
- A complete patient information sheet.
- Valid, government issued picture ID such as a driver’s license or passport (preferred).
- Immigration Physical Form I-693, Pre-completed with your information.
- Proof of the following immunizations: (or we can provide during visit, maximum of 3 immunizations/visit) as Adults
- Tetanus, and Diphtheria Toxoids
The US Government requires specific vaccinations according to your age.
Here is recommended Adult Immunization Schedule.
Additional services that may be required (such as required vaccinations and follow-up chest x-ray for TB testing) are not included in the price of the exam, but are offered or can be arranged in our office for an additional fee.
The full INS immigration exam is very simple and requires only 4 basic steps and two office visits:
- Basic immigration physical exam and mental status evaluation and a urine drug tests over the age of 16.
- Blood Test: Applicants age 15 and older are required to have a serologic blood test and Syphilis (RPR) along with Gonorrhea testing. Applicants under age 15 may require syphilis testing at the discretion of the civil surgeon, or if there is reason to suspect the possibility of infection. The cost of this testing is $65.
- Tuberculosis quantiferon test: Applicants age 2 and older are required to have this blood test performed. The cost is $85. Any positive results will require further testing and these costs are above any beyond what is mentioned here.
- Proof of vaccinations or blood Titer to prove immunity. Most adults require proof of vaccination for Tetanus-Diphtheria Td and Pertussis (within the last 5 years), Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella. Blood Titer is a test that proves that a person has immunity or antibodies for a particular disease. The Immigration Doctor will review your vaccination history with you to determine whether you have all the required vaccinations. The cost of additional vaccinations is not included in the price of the basic exam but they are offered through our office for an additional fee.
- Please bring all vaccination records to your scheduled appointment for the immigration physical.
After The Exam
After the immigration physical examination is completed, Champlain Medical will certify Form I-693 with the test results of the immigration exam and vaccination history in a sealed enveloped to present to the INS. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. Turn in the envelope with your immigration application. A copy of your blood tests results will be provided for you to keep after results have been discussed with the examining doctor. The examination will only be valid up to a year after the immigration exam date.
Visit the Official US Citizen & Immigration Services website for more information.