Immigration Exam Services and Fees
Dr. Schwartzberg is a licensed US Civil Surgeon who has been authorized by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to conduct Immigration Physicals and Immigration Exams for the Department of Homeland Security.
The cost of the Immigration Physical Examination is $220.00 and includes the following:
- Basic Physical Examination
- Vaccination status verification
- Copies of your laboratory results
- Certified and Sealed I-693 Form
What to bring with you to the immigration exam or immigration physical
- A complete patient information sheet.
- Valid, government issued picture ID such as a driver’s license or passport (preferred).
- Immigration Physical Form I-693, Pre-completed with your information.
Proof of the following immunizations: (or we can provide during visit, maximum of 2 immunizations/visit) as Adults
- Tetanus, and Diphtheria Toxoids
The US Government requires specific vaccinations according to your age.
Here is recommended Adult Immunization Schedule.
Additional services that may be required (such as required vaccinations and follow-up chest x-ray for TB testing) are not included in the price of the exam, but are offered or can be arranged in our office for an additional fee.
The full INS immigration exam is very simple and requires only 4 basic steps and two office visits:
- Basic immigration physical exam and mental status evaluation (exam sometimes may be performed on the second visit)
- Blood Test: Applicants age 15 and older are required to have a serologic blood test and Syphilis (RPR) along with Gonorrhea testing. Applicants under age 15 may require syphilis testing at the discretion of the civil surgeon, or if there is reason to suspect the possibility of infection. The cost of this testing is $50.
- Tuberculosis skin test: Applicants age 2 and older are required to have a tuberculin skin test (TST) performed. The cost is $40. The TB skin test needs to be interpreted within 48-72 hours after being applied. If the test reading is greater that 5 mm of induration, a chest X-ray will be required. The cost of the X-ray is not included in the price of the immigration exam but can be scheduled through our office for an additional fee.
Proof of vaccinations or blood Titer to prove immunity. Most adults require proof of vaccination for Tetanus-Diphtheria Td and Pertussis (within the last 5 years), Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella. Blood Titer is a test that proves that a person has immunity or antibodies for a particular disease. The Immigration Doctor will review your vaccination history with you to determine whether you have all the required vaccinations. The cost of additional vaccinations is not included in the price of the basic exam but they are offered through our office for an additional fee.
Please bring all vaccination records to your scheduled appointment for the immigration physical.
After The Exam
After the immigration physical examination is completed, Dr. Schwartzberg will certify Form I-693 with the test results of the immigration exam and vaccination history in a sealed enveloped to present to the INS. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. Turn in the envelope with your immigration application. A copy of your blood tests results will be provided for you to keep after results have been discussed with the examining doctor. The examination will only be valid up to a year after the immigration exam date.
Visit the Official US Citizen & Immigration Services website for more information.