Mud Season Car Cleaning
May 7, 2019
With mud season coming to a close we all want clean cars again; where is the power- washer?!
It seems simple, but often we rush and do things quickly, not safely. So please:
- Wear safety-toe, non-slip sole rubber boots.
- Wear hearing protection.
- Protect skin when using solvents. Use appropriate hand protection for the materials being used. Check that solvent storage tanks and containers are correctly bonded and grounded.
- Remove immediately any clothing saturated in solvents and wash skin with soap and water thoroughly.
- Watch out for burns from hot water and back blast from water or dirt particles.
- Do not direct high velocity streams of water on yourself or others.
- Do not use solvents to remove oil and grease from hands. Use soap and water or a waterless cleanser.
- Read and understand information provided in the SDS of all cleaning products or solutions that are you using.
When using steam cleaners and high-pressure/power-washers:
- Always read the instruction manual before using any equipment.
- Never spray near a power source.
- Use eye protection.
- Wear waterproof clothing.
- Wear protective clothing to protect from burns and splatter.
- Never direct the spray towards any person or your body.
- Make sure that there is adequate ventilation, especially if you are using a fuel-powered washer.
- Be aware that the spray gun may cause kickback.
- Fill or drain a fuel tank outdoors, away from sources of ignition.